Monday, September 9, 2013
Discussion layout: Box of Pandoras
Meet the Authors
“Box of Pandoras” Discussion
Pull out a piece of paper and write down the name of the person you first thought of as the murderer. Be honest!
Compare results, who seemed like the most plausible suspect? Whose name was repeated the most?
1. What was your first impression of Loretta? Could you see something of yourself in her character? Yes or no? and if yes what characteristic?
2. Did any of you anticipate the outcome of the mystery? Did you feel that there were enough clues for the reader to figure out who the suspect was if they played close attention?
3. Loretta had many quirks about her, one of my favorites being how she just found random sorts of pills in her bag and used them. What was your favorite and why?
4.What was your impression of Harley and Loretta’s relationship?
5. When you began reading this book what did you anticipate it being about?
6. If there is one part which you particularly liked or which stuck out to you the most tell us which part and why?
7. What did you like most about the author’s writing style?
8. Did the person you thought was the murderer shift throughout the book? Did the author do this on purpose? Leaving red hearings for the wrong people?
9. Which part surprised you the most?
10. And finally last but not least what did you take away from this book as a whole?